Different kinds of dataset are available by Aviso.
- Sea Surface Height products are the products mainly oriented toward sea (or lakes, or ice...) surface height. They are the basic and most well-known products from altimetry
- Wind and Wave data (Wind speed modulus, Significant Wave Height) are dedicated to sea state studies. They are used in real-time for assimilation in wave height models, or in climatologies.
- Auxiliary data that are data derived from altimetry, and that can be used in altimetry data process
- Indicators are high-level products dealing with the ocean "health". Mean Sea Level is the first of those.
- In-situ products are dedicated to tide gauge. They can be used for comparison with altimetry.
Access and use the data
a collection of software and documents to help you use the Aviso data, including:
Data access services
Aviso data are available through different means (FTP, LAS, Opendap, ...). You'll find here description of those, and information on how to use them.